PricePointe Wholesale Club Limited
Your Privacy Rights
Last Updated July 1, 2016
PRICEPOINTE’S COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
We respect your right to privacy. We do not sell, rent, share or disclose personal information to third parties without your prior consent, except in the circumstances described in this Privacy Statement. In addition, your ability to make informed choices about the uses of your information is important to us. This privacy statement explains our policy regarding the collection, use, disclosure and protection of personal information. The links below provide detailed information about our privacy practices:
- What is Personal Information?
- Collection of Personal Information
- Use of Personal Information by PricePointe
- Sharing of Personal Information
- Other Uses and Disclosures
- Protection of Personal and Credit Card Information
- Health Care Centers
- Online Specifics
- Apps/Mobile Specifics
- Use of the PricePointeclub.com Site by Children
- Questions or Concerns
- Changes to this Statement
1. WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information is information that identifies an individual or that can be reasonably associated with a specific person or entity, such as a name, contact information, Internet (IP) address and information about an individual’s purchases and online shopping. Personal information also includes medical information collected through our pharmacies and optical centers (see Health Care Centers below). As a convenience to our Members, we allow the primary cardholder to add his/her spouse or others to a membership account.
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect the personal information that you provide us, such as when you:
- sign up for or renew your PricePointe membership;
- register to use PricePointeclub.com or sign up for news or notifications of specials or other promotions on PricePointeclub.com;
- place an order or purchase products or services, online or otherwise;
- contact us for any reason;
- participate in a survey or promotion; or
- sign up for or participate in our various Member Services (see Member Services below).
We may automatically collect some information when you visit our website, such as your computer’s IP address and operating system, the site from which you linked to us, your site activity, the time and date of your visit, and your purchases. This information may be collected through the use of “cookies” and web beacons (see Online Specifics below). We also receive information from third parties who help us correct our records, prevent fraud, and provide Member Services or special promotions or products (see Member Services below). We may combine any of this information with the other personal information we maintain about you.
3. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION BY PRICEPOINTE
The personal information we collect is generally used to process your requests or transactions, provide you with high-quality service, tell you about opportunities we think will be of interest and administer your account, including distribution of our own surveys and publications. For example, we may:
- Alert you about product recalls or safety issues;
- Communicate membership opportunities and programs; and
- Provide you with promotional information, such as coupons, offers and product recommendations, or information about Member Services (“Promotional Information”). If you prefer not to receive Promotional Information from us, we make it easy for you to let us know. You may contact us at any time to decline Promotional Information (see Choice below).
4. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share information in these circumstances:
- Order Fulfillment
We may provide to a third party information as necessary to fulfill an order you have placed with us. For example, we may provide your address to a shipper, and if you pay by a credit or debit card, your card number and sales transaction information are passed to the card processor and/or issuer (including their service providers such as fraud verification services). However, we give suppliers, and others involved in the distribution chain only the information needed to provide you the products or services you order, and we require them to keep the information confidential and not to use it for other purposes. We are not responsible for any information you provide directly to these parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their practices before disclosing information directly to them.
- Member Services
We offer special products and services to our members through third parties, such as rebates, financial, travel, insurance and other business and consumer services (“Member Services”). We may share your name, postal address, email address and membership status, number and type (“Member Information”) with these third parties in order to notify you of their offerings, to determine whether, or at what level, you qualify for the products, offerings or services, and to evaluate new and existing products, offerings or services. If you prefer that we not share Member Information with third parties, you can contact us at any time (see Choice below). However, if you apply for or request certain products, offerings or services, information you provide will be shared directly with the third parties who will be providing the requested products, offerings or services. If you apply for a Credit Card through PricePointe, we will collect the application on behalf of the Financial Institution.These third parties are required to use personal information we share only to provide the requested services. We are not responsible for any additional information you provide directly to these parties, and we encourage you to become familiar with their privacy practices and policies before disclosing information to them. Information you provide to third parties, may in turn be shared with us along with information about your use of the services. In some cases, these third parties may require as a condition of providing services to you that you authorize them to share information with us. If we terminate our relationship with a third party, information you provided to them may be returned to us, and we may provide that information to a new third party offering the same or similar services.
- Our Contractors
We may contract with others to perform services on our behalf. For example, we might retain a company to process credit card payments, ship merchandise, distribute emails, process rebates or analyze data. If any of these service providers need access to your personal information, we require them to use it only to perform the services for us. We also require that they maintain the confidentiality of the information and/or return the information to us when they no longer need it.
- Primary Account Holder
Each membership account has an individual primary account holder who is authorized to designate and remove add-on members and make other account management decisions. We may disclose Personal Information that relates to activities occurring under the account to the primary account holder.
5. OTHER USES AND DISCLOSURES
In addition, we may use or disclose personal information in the good faith belief that we are lawfully authorized to do so, or that doing so is reasonably necessary to protect you, to comply with legal process or authorities, to respond to any claims, or to protect the rights, property or personal safety of PricePointe Wholesale, our Members, our employees or the public. If your membership was purchased for you as an employee benefit, we may share your name, address and membership level (Elite, Business or VIP), but no other personal information, with your employer. Information about our Members, including personal information, may be disclosed or transferred as part of, or during negotiations of, any merger or sale of company assets or acquisition.
6. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL AND CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
We have physical, administrative and technical security measures in place to protect personal information from loss, misuse or alteration while it is under our control. We are required to collect, process and maintain payment card information in accordance with the data security rules adopted by credit card companies such as Visa, MasterCard and American Express. This means that we do not retain debit card PINs or credit card security codes, and that any time we maintain a credit card number, such as when you create an online account, we must limit access to it and use strong encryption to protect it. Further, when you enter personal information online, that information is encrypted prior to transmission using a security protocol called SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). We also use SSL to allow you to securely view your online account and registration information.
Online account information is accessible only by using a password. You must keep your password confidential. You are responsible for all uses of www.PricePointeclub.com by anyone using your password. Please advise us immediately at customer service or call 0700 P POINTE if you believe your password has been misused.
We give you choices related to your personal information, and numerous methods to inform us of your decision. Your choice to opt-out will not apply to your spouse and any add-on members.
- If you do not want us to share Member Information (see Member Services) with third parties, you can: (a) check the opt-out box on our membership applications; (b) follow the opt-out instructions on your renewal notices; (c) visit us at any Membership desk at any Nigerian PricePointe warehouse location; (d) call our Membership Services representatives at 0700 P POINTE; (e) email us at customerservice@PricePointeclub.com; or (f) write us at: Customer Service, 19 Fatai Arobieke Street, Lekki 1, Lagos.
- If you do not want to receive Promotional Information (see Use of Personal Information by PricePointe) or information about Member Services, you can: (a) visit us at any Membership desk at any Nigerian PricePointe warehouse location; (b) call our Membership Services representatives at 0700 P POINTE; (c) email us at customerservice@PricePointeclub.com; or (d) write us at: Customer Service, 19 Fatai Arobieke Street, Lekki 1, Lagos.
- If you do not want to receive promotional emails, you can: (a) call our Membership Services representatives at 0700 P POINTE; (b) email us at customerservice@PricePointeclub.com; (c) write us at: Customer Service, 19 Fatai Arobieke Street, Lekki 1, Lagos; (d) click the provided “unsubscribe” link in any email to unsubscribe; or (e) access “My Account” if you are a registered user of PricePointeclub.com, and check the opt-out box. If you have more than one email address, you will need to specifically opt-out for each email address. If you receive emails from the online Photo Center or one of our services providers (see Member Services) you will need to specifically opt out of these special purpose emails. There will be an opportunity to do this on the email itself, and you may opt out of Photo Center emails by logging into your Photo Center account.
- If you do not want us to track your activity on PricePointeclub.com, you can access “My Account” if you are a registered user and check the opt-out box. If you have more than one email address, you will need to specifically opt-out for each email address.
8. HEALTH CARE CENTERS
This section explains our policy with respect to the uses of personal pharmacy information, whether you use our services online or in a warehouse pharmacy. Prescription information is stored in an electronic system separate from all other member stored personal information. To fill your prescriptions, we collect your name, address, telephone number, age, gender, allergies, and other prescription-related information. We are required by law to collect this type of information to identify potentially dangerous drug interactions or other health concerns. We use this information to process your order, contact you with any questions and provide you with the counseling you may require. Our pharmacist database is maintained separately from other Member databases. Only licensed pharmacists, specifically authorized staff, and others permitted by law to view this database, are allowed to do so. When you use our services, you consent to our use and disclosure of your personal health information for purposes of treatment, payment or health care operations. We do not otherwise sell, share, rent or disclose personal information collected from our pharmacy pages or maintained in pharmacist records unless you have authorized such disclosure, or such disclosure is permitted or required by law.
9. ONLINE SPECIFICS
- Information Gathering and Use.
- Links to Other Sites
- Updating, Reviewing or Correcting Online Personal Information
You may update, review or correct your online account information at any time by accessing your password-protected registration page via the “My Account” area of the Web site. You also may email us at customerservice@PricePointeclub.com or call us at 0700 P POINTE. To update prescription-related information, access the patient profile page at our online pharmacy site. To update general membership information, such as a change of address, please see below.
10. APPS/MOBILE SPECIFICS
- SMS (Text) Messages
We will send you SMS (text) communications only if you consent to receive them. We may send you information customized based on your address, but we do not automatically collect any information that discloses your physical location. You may review our terms of SMS service here.
- The PricePointe App
Before we collect or send location-specific information, we will ask for your consent. Your operating system may not allow you to install the app without giving us consent. You may withdraw your consent by disabling location features on your mobile device and the app will still work, although location features will not function.In general, you do not need to provide any personal information to use our app. If you wish to make a purchase through the app, however, you must create an account. Personal information you provide is subject to this PricePointeclub.com Privacy Statement. In addition, as with any online service, our app automatically collects information such as an IP address, the unique identifier of your mobile device and the URL from which you accessed our app (see Online Specifics). Neither your name nor telephone number are automatically collected. It is not possible to opt out of providing information automatically collected through our apps.Providers who supply the technology necessary for us to create the app may share in the receipt of automatically collected information. We restrict their use of personal information to the purpose of providing services to PricePointe. In addition, you should review the privacy statements published by your mobile carrier and by your device manufacturer. Either or both of them may automatically collect information. PricePointe does not have access to information you provide to or that is automatically collected by these third parties.Our apps may provide links to PricePointe service providers (see Member Services) and other third parties (see Links to Other Sites).Except as described in this Privacy Statement, PricePointe does not sell or share with third parties any information you provide or information automatically collected through our app.
11. USE OF THE PRICEPOINTECLUB.COM WEB SITE BY CHILDREN
We encourage parents to take an active interest in their children’s use of the Internet. We do not intend to collect information from children who are under 18 years of age. If you are under 18, you should not provide information on the PricePointeclub.com website or app. In addition, individuals under the age of 18 may not fill, refill or transfer a prescription on PricePointeclub.com.
12. QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy statement or would like to contact us for any reason, you can do the following:
- Visit a Membership desk at any Nigerian PricePointe warehouse location;
- Call our Membership Service representatives at 0700 P POINTE;
- Email us at customerservice@PricePointeclub.com; or
- Write us at: Customer Service, 19 Fatai Arobieke Street, Lekki 1, Lagos
13. CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
We may change this privacy statement at any time, but will alert you that changes have been made by indicating at the top of the privacy statement the date it was last updated. We encourage you to review our privacy statement to make sure you understand how your Personal Information will be used. If we make a material change to how we use Personal Information and the new uses are unrelated to uses we disclose in this statement, we will communicate the changes in advance.